Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Great cake - Cinnamon Roll Cake!

Ok - below is the recipe I used last night making Cinnamon Roll Cake.  Below are not my photos either - its strictly copied from another site, http://sewfantastic.blogspot.com/2011/11/amazing-cinnamon-roll-cake.html.  I do have to mention - I used Self Rising Flour instead of having to add the baking powder and salt.  BUT when omitting those I looked right over the sugar to add in the batter!  I had to cook mine like 10 mins longer than she states below and I also had to add a splash more of milk in my powder sugar glaze than she states.  I'm wondering if me omitting the sugar in the batter was the reason I had to cook it 10 mins longer.  BUT I didnt even realize I left out the sugar until I was raving about this recipe and showing it to a friend and talking about how good the cake was while sampling!  LOL.  So hey - omit the sugar in the batter and it still comes out great and yummy and moist!  ENJOY!





Cake:

3 c. flour

1/4 tsp.salt
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted
Mix everything together except the melted butter, mix this in last. 



Then pour into a greased 9x13 pan. (I only made half this recipe so I put mine into a smaller pan)



 Topping:
1 c. butter, softened


1 c. brown sugar


2 Tbsp. flour

1 Tbsp. cinnamon

For the topping mix all the ingredients together until smooth



 and then place it evenly on top of the batter 



and then swirl with a knife Then bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. 




Glaze:

2 c. powdered sugar

5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine the ingredients for the glaze and drizzle over the cake while warm.





No comments:

Post a Comment