Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Remember my title does state "New to Sewing"

Ok - I made a blooper on the binder tote last night.  I am new at sewing - remember?  I have to tell myself that too because I was on a roll thinking I was doing great.  I was sewing the straps on - looking great!  I'm finished and then I decide to see how a binder looks inside of it - but wait - I sewed the pockets on the other side where the binder slides into when I was sewing the straps on the other side!!  Oh no!  Yes I sewed those straps on so nicely too.  Okay - so now comes that tool - the thread puller!  At least I was working on "my" pattern tote and not the tote I am making for my friend.  I havent started hers yet thankfully!  Trial and error - I will do it!  Now, I have to get to pulling some threads out.....

1 comment:

  1. A friend share a blooper with me! Always glad to know your not alone

    That is good you can laugh at yourself…..I couldn’t count the times when I first started sewing that this same thing has happened to me. I will have to admit too, one time i was making a skirt and actually spent too much money on this beautiful blue material. The whole skirt was sewn on both sides and I took it off the machine and attempted to put my legs thru it to try it on to judge where the waistband needed to be placed, and I couldn’t get into the skirt, I had sewn the whole front to the whole back. By the time I seam ripped it all out, the material didn’t look quite as good as it did before.

    ReplyDelete