Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

This is called Bees and Hearts!

I started making these pants and thought I'd try a one ruffle but go bigger....


They needed a little something I thought.  I looked in my supplies to see what I may have.  I didn't have any red ribbon, but I found I had some red binding!  Light Bulb!



Oh that red I think really made it POP!  So looks good....but then another light pops on....I didn't sew down the folded part of the binding so now I know at this point after these pants are washed/dryed - that is going to open up and look way different.  And it does.....but not really in a bad way.  Just now has a more rugged look.  Some people like it all neat and tidy and then someone people like it more rugged.  Just a matter of taste.  They look duller in this photo here below but I think its because of the red and the lighting here at work compared to home.  But another friend did tell me about this stuff called Stitch Witchery I may want to check out if I want to use the binding in the future and dont want the rugged look.

No comments:

Post a Comment