Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Not my idea - but had to share - and no sewing involved with this one...


Found this idea on another blog - had to share with school now in session!


Teacher Appreciation: Rolo Pencils!

Wish I could take credit for this idea.  Oh well.  It's actually an idea featured in the September 2010 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine.  I fell in love with these the second I saw them, and decided they'd be a perfect little gift for my daughter's AWESOME pre-k teachers!

The body of the pencil (inside) is a package of Rolos and the tip of the pencil is a Hersheys Kiss attached to the Rolos with a glue dot!

To make the outside of the pencil, you cut a piece of yellow cardstock to 3 1/2" x 4 1/2", trim one short end with scallop edge or zigzag edge scissors, and score every 1/4" lengthwise...wrap around the Rolos and adhere.  Then wrap a 3 1/2" x 3/8 " piece of pink cardstock at the opposite end.  Add a small pink circle to cover the exposed end of the Rolos.  Cover the seam between the yellow and pink pieces with a length of silver foil tape.  Then just wrap the ends with a ribbon and tag.  I used Create a Critter to make the apples on these, and printed my sentiment from my computer right onto the tags.
To finish, I put them each in a clear bag and made a bag topper with each teacher's initial and some embellishments on them.  Super-easy and super-fun!

Thanks for looking and have a creative day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment