Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

First Entry

My name is Cristie.  I'm from Louisiana, 32 years old, married for 12 years and together we have two boys.  I am new to sewing.  The past few weeks I have been sewing and making aprons.  I thought I would start simple and straightforward.  I'm enjoying this.  I did sew an apron one time back in high school so many years ago.  I guess there was a spark lit in me at that time and I've always had the desire - but never started...until my mom gave me a sewing machine a few weeks ago and I made something!  A few friends here at work have encouraged me as well - bringing me patterns and fabrics to play with.  I do work full time as well...so I do have to sew late in the evening (after the kids are asleep) or on weekends.  I'm finding I really like this new hobby.  I'm sharing this blog so I can keep up with my sewing and see how far I can come along...I think I'm getting better each time already.  I plan to post pics of my aprons recently made and new projects as well.  I hope you enjoy my blog and I encourage someone as well to pick up and start a new hobby.

2 comments:

  1. Cristie, I have seen the Aprons and Love them...... Keep it up! You are doing an Awsome job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the mother/daughter set. you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete